The M.S. in Leadership Program is for individuals who want to become experts in management and communication processes in public or private organizations. The program focuses on essential skills and knowledge with a balance of practical and theoretical training. Students learn competencies that enable them to understand the tools necessary to inspire, develop, and motivate individuals and teams in support of strategic organizational growth. These skills include developing emotional intelligence, learning how to motivate others, and building consensus.
With more of a focus on people than business, this degree will develop and equip students to lead with excellence using biblically-based models. Students will gain an understanding of how organizations work, how to provide leadership to a company, and how to implement ethical business practices. What students learn will set them apart as leaders with integrity, character, trustworthiness, and excellence in professional training.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, JBU’s graduate students will be able to:
- Demonstrate redemptive behavior by integrating global, ethical and moral practices from a Christian worldview. (Ethics and Christian Worldview)
- Use leadership tools needed to build effective organizations in culturally diverse and global contexts. (Global Leadership)
- Demonstrate advanced business/organizational skills and knowledge necessary for professional growth and success. (Business/Organizational Skills and Knowledge)
- Analyze complex situations, identify relevant issues, apply appropriate concepts and skills, develop conclusions and implement effective actions. (Critical Thinking and Communication)
- Design and implement business research that yields actionable insights. (Information Literacy and Research)
Requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Leadership